RAR for Android
App used to help compress files on mobile devices
RAR for Android is the official free Win.Rar app for creating and decompressing archive files on your Android phone and tablet.
If you’ve been searching for a simple, free, and easy way to make and open archives, you’ll want to give this app a try! RAR comes to us from the creators of WinRAR, and offers a full host of features like the ability to repair damaged single and multi-part archives, full support for AES encryption and unlocking your files with a password, and it even decompresses the latest RAR5 format too!
It’s important for us to point out that you’ll have to buy premium to turn off ads or to block it from accessing the web (so it can retrieve ads). The ads are fairly non-intrusive so for the most part you won’t even notice they’re there; beyond a few ads here and there all features of RAR for Android are 100% free!
If you’re looking for a good app that supports the latest encryption and compression methods, RAR for Android is a smart choice. Check out a quick list of pros and cons down below.
- Create and Unzip Most Archive Files RAR for Android supports most compression types so you can save, edit, and decompress a wide variety of files on your phone and tablet.
- Encrypt and Decrypt Archives with support for AES Support for advanced encryption is included in the program, and you’ll be able to unlock files with a password as well as password-protect your files too.
- Repair Damaged Single and Multi-Part Archives, Too! You can repair most files with a single click.
- This is an Ad-Supported Program This program is 100% free, but unless you buy premium you’ll get ads in the main menu from time to time.
1. Added support for PAX extended headers in TAR archives. Such headers are utilized by modern TAR tools to store high precision file times and lengthy file names.
2. If wrong password is entered when unpacking an encrypted file in RAR5 archive, RAR proposes to enter a valid password for same file again instead of aborting extraction.
3. "Information" command in previous versions did not display ZIP archive comment if comment length was less than 24 characters. Fixed now.
Potentially dangerous permissions
- READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE: Allows an application to read from external storage.
- WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE: Allows an application to write to external storage.
- ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE: Allows applications to access information about networks.
- INTERNET: Allows applications to open network sockets.
- WAKE_LOCK: Allows using PowerManager WakeLocks to keep processor from sleeping or screen from dimming.